Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Symptom Follow-up

I called my doctor on Monday and they scheduled me to see him this afternoon.

I told him about my heart palpitations and rash. He didn't seem to have much to say about it. He was concerned, of course, but I dont think that those are side effects that he's seen much of in his experience with this drug, if at all. He wasn't too sure if they were from the Lupron or not. We did discuss how the Generess Fe and Add-Back pill both have norethindrone in them, but had I been allergic to that ingredient, my rash would be on-going and a lot worse, considering it's a much higher dose in the add back pill than in the Generess Fe.

He told me that women typically have one or two really hard months during their treatments. I told him that this one so far has been the hardest. I told him about how I've been hurting, grouchy, not sleeping.

But the good things have been the  no pain during sex, and no pain during bowel movements. If you remember, the endometriosis had adhered my colon to my uterus, so no pain in that case is pretty darn amazing.

With those two good things, he decided that I've had enough. That round 6 was not necessary.

So now what?

I cancelled my next injection appointment. I will keep taking the remainder of my add-back, and start taking prenatal vitamins again. The Lupron will work itself out in two weeks (or a month from my last injection, rather) and I should resume my cycle as normal.

He also said that we could start trying to get pregnant right away. I may wait another 2 weeks, just because knowing this drug is still in my system at least that long, and then possibly getting pregnant while on it makes me nervous. He told me that there have been no issues with women who have gotten pregnant while on Lupron. But I'd rather not risk it.

I will admit, I am anxious. I am relieved that we are done with Lupron. But I am nervous about what is going to happen next.

Did it work?

What will my periods be like?

Will I get pregnant?

It's exciting and nerve-wracking all at once! Aaaaahhh!!

I'm so glad I'm done.

I'm done!!!

Yay! I'll get to sleep again! My mood will improve! Hopefully I will recover from whatever damage it may have done to my bone density, and my joints will recover and feel better.

I look forward to feeling better.

I hope it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment