Sunday, August 2, 2015

all the drugs

If you saw the amount of pills that I gulped down around 7am this morning, you would have gagged. Ok, it was only 3 different things... 2 Lysteda, 4 ibuprofens and 1 clomid. Then at lunch, I took 2 more Lysteda and one prednisone. One prednisone that is so tiny, in fact, that it got stuck to my tongue, and stayed there til I gulped another glass of water after running to the fridge, tripping on the dog, and dropping the f-bomb.

Believe it or not, despite my cursing right after church, is that I haven't had any ill side effects from the clomid. Yet. Just a little headache, which may or may not be part of menstrual cycle issues and being a tad dehydrated.

I'm only on day two. Three more to go!

Thursday was day one of this cycle. I went in, got blood drawn, just so they could tell me I was negative for pregnancy. No kidding? I'm bleeding over here. I think I've got that figured out. I'd also taken an at home last Sunday. No big surprise there. Blah blah, they have to have a blood test to make sure I'm not... lying? Standard procedure before they put me on fertility drugs. I know. ;)

Day 2. Start prednisone. It's a very low dose. No big deal

Day 3. Start clomid. Take until day 7.

Day 12. Get ultrasound to make sure my egg follicles are developing properly. I'm trying for a bigger, better, stronger egg. No twinning!!! My BFF still wants me to have twin girls. *Sigh*  I love that girl.

Ovulation day and until new cycle starts. Take progesterone to thicken lining of uterus. I know it makes a comfy spot for an egg to stay, but I get worried about a heavier period.. and hopefully my worries are silly.

My nurse lady also mentioned IUI. That sounds fun. An IUI is where they separate the best, healthiest sperms out of all the rest of the gunk, making a super concentrated dose, and then artificially inseminate me with it. So the husband and I would both have to be there, and it sounds expensive, but I guess you can do it at home also? My doctor hadn't mentioned trying that, but she's talking to him and I should know this week if he really wants me to do it.

Not really sure how I'm feeling about all of this at the moment other than we're giving it 3 months. So, in 3 months, I'll either be pregnant, or we'll be done trying. That makes me feel less stressed out, at the moment anyway. The end of this season is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment