Sunday, July 19, 2015

The same old song and dance.

I realize that it's been awhile since my last post. About two months, actually. I just don't feel like I've got much to say. Not much has been happening. So, this might be a short one.

Let's see. Two weeks ago, I had a doctor's appointment. We've been trying for about three months now, and nothing's happening so I asked my doctor all sorts of questions.

Should I do a blood test to see if my eggs are still good? No, it'd be a waste of money. I'm healthy and my eggs would probably be exactly what they'd expect from a healthy 35 year old woman.

Do we know for sure that I'm ovulating? My opks are on track, and so are the rest of my symptoms, so it's a good assumption that I am.

Is my body rejecting the sperm? He said probably not.

Is my body a hostile environment? Am I too inflamed from the endo? Is there something I can do to help it? Now, there's something. He actually got his laptop online and did a little research while I was there. He determined that trying out a low dose of prednisone during the first couple of weeks of each cycle may help keep the inflammation under control.

We'd also been thinking about trying Clomid. He had originally told me that clomid may speed up the endo coming back. Endometriosis comes back eventually. I asked him if it was enough that we'd blame the regrowth of my endo on the actual use of the drug, and he said no. So, we're going to try a low dose of that along with prednisone for three months.

I called this week to tell my nurse that I wanted to do it. She listed a bunch of other things we may have to do in addition to the drugs. Ugh. Blood tests and ultrasounds. to make sure the clomid is stimulating my eggs enough. My initial thought is, "I was only doing this because those two drugs are fairly cheap. I cant afford an ultrasound every month." So as soon as she calls me back next week to set things up, I'm going to ask first if the ultrasounds are going to be filed under an office visit, or what. Then maybe see if they only need to do it once.

You know, I was about ready to give up. Actually I'm really only doing the drug option because my husband said that three months wasn't long enough, and we needed to keep trying.

I don't know. This week has been very hard. I've been a complete mess. I had ovulation bleeding this month, which hasn't happened for about a year. The day I got my laparoscopy done, in fact. It's not a bad thing, just annoying. It's actually a very good sign. I should have been excited. I guess I sort of am. But I think the hormones have been a bit amped up this week. I've been really emotional and stressed out, it's a little bit ridiculous.

I think I'm giving this three more months. I have to mentally prepare myself for being on hormone drugs again. Hooray... I already feel like cussing. I've already warned my poor daughter. And I hope Matt can handle it. Or maybe I'm just blowing it out of proportion like always and it wont be all that bad.

Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment